The Board was charged to review and approve Vermont’s statewide Health Information Technology Plan pursuant to section 9351 of this title to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is in place to enable the State to achieve the principles expressed in section 9371 of this title. In performing its review, the Board shall consult with and consider any recommendations regarding the plan received from the Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL).
Vermont law charges the Secretary of Administration with coordinating Vermont’s Health Information Technology Plan. 18 V.S.A. § 9351(a). The Plan “shall include the implementation of an integrated electronic health information infrastructure for the sharing of electronic health information among health care facilities, health care professionals, public and private payers, and patients” and “shall include standards and protocols designed to promote patient education, patient privacy, physician best practices, electronic connectivity to health care data, and, overall, a more efficient and less costly means of delivering quality health care in Vermont.” Id. The Board must “[r]eview and approve Vermont’s statewide Health Information Technology Plan . . . to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is in place to enable the State to achieve the principles expressed in section 9371 of this title.” 18 V.S.A. § 9375(b)(2)(A).
2019-2020 Vermont Health Information Exchange Strategic Plan
- Amended Vermont HIE Strategic Plan 2019-2020 – Includes the Addendum with Protocols for Provider Access to the VHIE. Submitted by the Department of Vermont Health Access, January 2020
- Vermont HIE Strategic Plan 2019-2020 - Submitted by the Department of Health Access, November 2019
- Decision and Order of 2019-2020 HIE Strategic Plan and 2020 VHIE Connectivity Criteria
2018-2019 Vermont Health Information Exchange Strategic Plan
- Vermont HIE Strategic Plan 2018-2019 - As approved by the Board November 2018
- Decision and Order of 2018-219 HIE Strategic Plan and 2019 VHIE Connectivity Criteria