Public Comments are Public Records: All public comments received by the Green Mountain Care Board, whether posted to the Board’s website or sent only to Board members/staff, are “public records” under Vermont law. This means that, absent a specific exemption under state law, any member of the public may access the Board’s public comments by submitting a public records request.
Posting of Public Comments: The Board will not post public comments on its website where it determines, in its discretion, that the comment contains inappropriate or offensive language.
Please contact Christina McLaughlin if you have any questions regarding public comments.
To submit your comment online at any time or during a special comment period, please fill out our Public Comment Form.
Ongoing Special Comment Periods:
- The Board is accepting public comment until 12:00 pm, September 29, 2020 on the Request for FY21 Budget Reconsideration. The September 23, 2020 letter can be seen here.
- The GMCB is soliciting public comment through October 30, 2020 on discussion drafts of two white papers on GMCB Regulatory Alignment.
- GMCB Regulatory Alignment White Paper, Part 1: Current State – Discussion Draft, lays out each of the regulatory processes as they currently operate.
- GMCB Regulatory Alignment White Paper, Part 2: Options for Regulatory Timeline and Logistic – Discussion Draft, considers possible changes to the GMCB regulatory timeline to improve alignment.
- This white paper series aims to improve the Board’s ability to make decisions consistently across regulatory processes and ensure appropriate assessment of regulated entities in a reformed payment and delivery system environment. A third The third and final paper will review four key areas for policy alignment: (1) financial measures, (2) quality measurement, (3) delivery system roles and responsibilities, and (4) risk and reserves. To learn more about this area of GMCB’s work, visit our Regulatory Alignment webpage.
Questions? Please call the Board at (802)-828-2177 or e-mail the Board.