Public Comments are Public Records: All public comments received by the Green Mountain Care Board, whether posted to the Board’s website or sent only to Board members/staff, are “public records” under Vermont law. This means that, absent a specific exemption under state law, any member of the public may access the Board’s public comments by submitting a public records request.
Posting of Public Comments: The Board will not post public comments on its website where it determines, in its discretion, that the comment contains inappropriate or offensive language.
Please contact Christina McLaughlin if you have any questions regarding public comments.
To submit your comment online at any time or during a special comment period, please fill out our Public Comment Form.
- If your comment relates to a specific health insurance rate review filing or the rate review process, please go to our Rate Review Page.
- If your comment relates to a hospital budget request, please go to our Hospital Budget Review Page.
- If your comment relates to a pending certificate of need, please go to our Certificate of Need Page.
- If your comment related to the draft Data Governance Rules, please go to our Data Governance Rules Page.
Ongoing Special Comment Periods:
- There are currently no special comment periods. The Board is always accepting public comment.
- The Board is currently accepting public comment on rate filings posted on the Vermont Rate Review website. To make a public comment on a rate review filing, please click here. The Board encourages the public to attend the Qualified Health Plan hearings via Microsoft Teams on July 20 and 21 and will take public comment at the close of each day’s testimony, and during the public comment forum on July 21. Please click here to find out more information on how to join the hearings and public comment forum. Comments may be submitted electronically through the rate review website, by email to email@example.com, by US Mail to the GMCB at 144 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont 05602, or by phone at (802) 828-2177. The 2021 Qualified Health Plan public comment period deadline is midnight Thursday, July 23, 2020.