We have a number of annual reports received and prepared by GMCB. Please visit our Reports and Resources page.
For the 2023 Board Meeting information and materials click here.
- GMCB Board Meeting Schedule - October 2023
- GMCB Board Meeting Schedule - September 2023 (updated 09/25/2023)
- GMCB To Use New Evidence-Based Tools For FY24 Hospital Budget (08/09/2023)
- GMCB Announces Start of Statewide Community Engagement Project (08/01/2023)
- GMCB Board Meeting Schedule - August 2023 (Updated 08/25/2023)
- Press Release - GMCB Hosts Virtual Public Comment Forum for Health Insurance Premium Review on July 24 (7/17/2023)
- Press Release: GMCB Set 2024 Budget Targets for OneCare Vermont Focusing on Accountability for Health Care Quality and Cost (7/14/2023)
- GMCB Board Meeting Schedule - July 2023
- Press Release: GMCB Takes Action to Ensure Accountability and Transparency from OneCare Vermont (6/15/2023)
- GMCB Declines Change to FY24 Hospital Budget Guidance
- GMCB Board Meeting Schedule - June 2023 (updated 06/09/2023)
- GMCB Board Meeting - June 7, 2023 in Morrisville
- GMCB FY24 Hospital Budget Guidance Press Release (03/30/2023)
On August 7, 2023, GMCB issued a Decision and Order modifying and approving Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP Health Plan, Inc.’s request to increase their individual and small group health insurance premiums in 2024.
- On June 28, 2023, GMCB issued Medicare-Only ACO Guidance for FY24. Materials can be found on the FY24 ACO Page.
- On Wednesday, June 14, 2023, GMCB voted to amend OneCare Vermont's FY23 budget approval to reflect the revised budget submitted by OneCare on March 31 and presented to GMCB on May 5, subject to two conditions outlined below. More information can be found in the meeting recording and press release.
- Condition the approval of the amendment to OneCare’s FY23 budget on the requirement that OneCare obtain affidavits/attestations from its applicable hospital network participants to establish the use of PCP funds, both on historical basis and prospectively, consistent with the intent of the GMCB discussed today to be provided by Oct. 1. OneCare shall additionally require its applicable hospital network participants to provide an historical accounting of use of such funds. GMCB staff shall prepare the affidavit/attestation form and review the form with OneCare.
- Condition the approval of the amendment to OneCare’s FY23 budget on the requirement that OneCare modify its FY23 budget by capping the total compensation for OneCare’s executives (VP-level and above) at the median (50% percentile) of the benchmark used by OneCare to establish its executive’s compensation. Amounts budgeted by OneCare for executive compensation in excess of the median must be allocated instead to OneCare population health activities.
- On May 11, 2023, the GMCB issued a decision and order approving modifications to the Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Vermont Large Group rate filing.
- On April 17, 2023, the GMCB issued an Order granting interested party status to AFT-VT in the UVMMC Outpatient Surgery Center CON Docket.
- On April 12, 2023, the GMCB voted unanimously to increase each of the monetary jurisdictional thresholds in 18 V.S.A. § 9434(a)-(c).
- On March 29, 2023, the GMCB approved FY24 Hospital Budget Guidance.
- On December 21, 2022, the Board modified OneCare Vermont budget.
Traveling Board Meeting: On June 7, 2023, GMCB conducted an in-person Board meeting in Morrisville, VT. The meeting was a roundtable discussion with local providers and businesses about opportunities to contain costs and improve access to high quality care. A recording of the meeting from Green Mountain Access Television can be found here.
On November 28, 2022, the GMCB voted to sign the All-Payer Model (APM) Extension, an agreement between the State of Vermont and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI). The final agreement, signed on December 5, 2022, extends Vermont's APM Agreement for one year (2023) with an additional transition year at the option of the State (2024).
The extension of the current APM agreement provides stability while the state seeks stakeholder input and negotiates a subsequent model, a process led by the Administration and Agency of Human Services. The GMCB will continue to lend its expertise on operations and reporting for the current APM as negotiations for a subsequent model are ongoing.
Act 167: An act relating to health care reform initiatives, data collection, and access to home- and community-based services.
- Last session, the legislature passed Act 167 (S. 285). One component of the Act requires the Board and the Agency of Human Services to consider options for a more sustainable health care system through community and provider engagement.
- Latest Update: The GMCB has issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) that was developed in collaboration with the Agency of Human Services (AHS). The RFP seeks support in carrying out data analysis and community and provider engagement to support hospital transformation, as required by Act 167 of 2022. The RFP was informed by input from a broad spectrum of provider organizations, consumer advocates, insurers, and other stakeholders.
- Update on Financial Status of Vermont Hospitals (May 2023): GMCB monitors the financial health of Vermont’s 14 community hospitals and it is clear that hospitals have been experiencing financial pressures in recent years. This update provides a summary of the financial status of Vermont’s hospitals as of May 2023.