Research and Reporting Priorities 2020-2021
GMCB's analytic team strives to provide high quality and timely information to support the Board, its staff, and the public, balancing the wide variety of questions that these data could answer with a deep focus to support the Board's regulatory duties.
GMCB produces public reports that provide statistics describing aspects of the Vermont health care system. VHCURES is the primary source for these analyses, and therefore only data submitted to VHCURES is included.
This enrollment trend report provides a variety of enrollment snapshots, including statewide enrollment by payer, statewide enrollment by age category, and enrollment by payer by product type and age category.
This Expenditure Analysis workbook contains GMCB's Resident Expenditure Analysis visualizations and downloadable data for years 2013 through 2017
(NOTE: VISUALIZATIONS NOT COMPATABLE WITH MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER OR MICROSOFT EDGE)
Other Reports Using VHCURES
Through data use agreements, VHCURES data is being utilized by state agencies, state contractors and academic researchers to support analysis of health care access, spending, utilization, and quality. The following reports used VHCURES as a primary data source.
- Change in Site of Children’s Primary Care: A Longitudinal Population-Based Analysis
- Opioid medication discontinuation and risk of adverse opioid-related health care events
- Mental Health Related Emergency Department Claims for Vermont Children
- Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) data profiles
- Diabetes-Related Primary Care Visits Among Insured Vermonters
- Leveraging Existing Birth Defects Surveillance Infrastructure to Build Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Surveillance Systems — Illinois, New Mexico, and Vermont, 2015–2016
- Vermont Health Service Area (HSA) Community Health Profiles
- Blueprint for Health Annual Reports
- Hub & Spoke Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) population health data profiles
- Blueprint for Health Journal Articles
- Health Care Price Variation Reports
- Special legislative report on Patient-Centered Medical Homes and Community Health Teams in Vermont
- Tracking Spending Among Commercially Insured Beneficiaries Using a Distributed Data Model
- The Dartmouth Atlas of Children’s Healthcare in New England
- Price Variation Analysis
- Vermont Health Systems Payment Variation Report
- PCSA Spatial Analysis
- Tri-State Variation in Health Services Utilization & Expenditures in Northern New England
- Presentation: Analysis in Support of Health Care Reform
- Health Care Reform Analysis Summary
- Vermont Health Spending Growth Drivers Commercial and Medicaid, 2008-2012