Vermont’s hospital budgets, which have been subject to state review since 1983, have been regulated by the Green Mountain Care Board (GMCB) since hospital fiscal year 2013, which began in October 2012. The GMCB’s review is guided by Hospital Budget Rule 3.000 and by the Board's policies on net patient revenue, community needs assessments, physician transfers, and enforcement found in Hospital Budget Reporting Requirements. More information on GMCB's hospital budget process is available in the Hospital Budget Review guide. Updated Community Health Needs Assessment reports are posted below for each hospital during the budget process. The Hospital Budget Enforcement page has information about past enforcement by year.
Hospital Budget Information
- FY 2024 Budget Information
- FY 2024 Budget Review TOOL
- FY 2024 Budget *Updated 9/13/23
- FY 2024 Budget: Hospital Hearings Schedule *Updated 8/14/23
- FY 2024 Budget: Staff Overview Presentation *Updated 8/11/23
- FY 2024 Budget: Hospital Deliberations RRMC & GMC 8/30/23
- FY 2024 Budget: Hospital Deliberations SVMC, NMC, BMH, MAHHC, NCH, GCH, SH 9/6/23
- FY24 Budget: Hospital Deliberations BMH, NCH, GCH, MAHHC, SH 9/11/23
- FY24 Budget: Hospital Deliberations UVMMC 9/13/23
- FY24 Budget: Hospital Deliberations CVMC & Porter 9/15/23
- FY24 Budget: Hospital Deliberations Copley & NVRH 9/15/23 *Updated 9/21/23
For more information on hospital budget review, please contact the GMCB Health Systems Finances Team.