Hospital sustainability has been a focus area of the Green Mountain Care Board for years. The below reports include those produced by GMCB as well as outside experts.
Hospital Sustainability Planning Reports
Act 159 of 2020 required that the GMCB consider ways to increase the financial sustainability of Vermont hospitals in order to achieve population- based health improvements while maintaining community access to services.
- Hospital Sustainability Planning Final Report February 1, 2022
- Hospital Sustainability Planning Update September 1, 2021
- Hospital Sustainability Planning Slides Presented July 15, 2020
- Reports and analyses developed through the Hospital Sustainability Report Process (October 2021):
- Hospital Sustainability and Healthcare Affordability: Analyses to Inform Act 159 of 2020 Section 4 Report (GMCB staff overview)
- Health Management Associates - Examination of Payment and Cost Coverage Variation Across Payers for Hospital Services
- Supplementary Exhibits: Payment and Cost Coverage Variation for Hospital Services
- Berkeley Research Group - VT Hospital Quality Review and Capacity Planning in Preparation for Value-Based Care
- On January 26, 2023, GMCB staff provided an update to the legislature on the status of each Act 167 workstream (presentation slide deck).
Hospital Sustainability Roundtables
In 2021, GMCB hosted a roundtable with experts on hospital sustainability and transformation.
- Conversations With Leaders in Health Care Reform: Informing Next Steps in Hospital Sustainability Planning - GMCB Presentation
- Is Capacity Destiny? Dr. David Goodman
- Health Care Reform - Dr. Elliott Fisher
- A Path To Hospital Sustainability and Health Care Affordability in Vermont - Michael Bailit
- Vermont Hospital Sustainability - Dr. Bruce Hamory