In 2022, the legislature passed Act 167 (of 2022) which called for healthcare delivery reform in the state of Vermont. A central part of this legislation is a listening tour to hear directly from Vermonters about current experiences with the healthcare system and what you would like to see in the future. The information gleaned in these meetings will be used to inform options to support hospitals in identifying short, medium, and long-term actions to keep them sustainable.
Throughout October-November of 2023, HSA-level community and provider meetings were held virtually across the state along with interviews and small group discussions with interested parties and community organizations. In total, there were over 1,800 participants across these meetings.
- Community Engagement Plan
- Round 1 Meeting Schedule (Fall 2023)
- Round 1 Provider Meeting Materials and Round 1 Community Meeting Materials
- Video and Slides from GMCB's Update to the Health Reform Oversight Committee (November 30, 2023)
- Public comments from the Fall 2023 sessions can be found here.
- Presentation slides Act 167 Community Engagement Update and Themes from Round 1 Community Meetings to GMCB (January 17, 2024)
The feedback gleaned from these conversations is being synthesized and combined with data analysis to inform options/recommendations to support hospital transformation and sustainability. These options will be brought back to communities for in-person conversations in the spring of 2024.
Round 2 Community Meetings: The meeting schedule will be posted on this page when available. If you would like to receive an email when the schedule is posted, please sign up here.